Hi and welcome. Starting a new business can be challenging and demanding especially when it comes to reaching the right audience. This is because most people don’t know about your business, products or services which you offer. If you need help finding ideas for a new business u can check out this post.
In the past business promotion was not as complicated as compared to now. Businesses could reach their audiences through television, newspapers and or through radio stations which are relatively expensive when compared to the alternatives we have today.
when people visit your website it means they are in need of your products or services. In order to make them maintain this interest, you need to make sure your website presents your products and services in a way that creates trust so the audience can make an order or purchase or book an appointment knowing the product or service reaches their expectations.
All this is obtainable through a perfectly crafted website which truly represents the values of your business. Having contents that directly match what people are looking for when they get into your website so they know you have what they are looking for.
With that all said, lets get the website to the right audience…….
Getting your website to your audience
There are many services online that can be used to get to a specific audience for a particular business. Some of the most effective ones are social medias like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, twitter, Pinterest and the list goes on. Being a startup, you might not have the budget to use most or all of these services to reach your audience. This might leave you wondering which services you might wanna start with that will reach more people but also affordable.
Online services to Promote Your Business
In other for you to make money and grow your business, you need to make your potential customers know of your existence. In order to get people interested in doing business with you, you need to start by making your prices affordable and also making discount offers for a limited time in order to get your first customers and start building a reputation for yourself.
- Referral Marketing; This is the method of promoting products or services to new customers through referrals, usually word of mouth. Such referrals often happen spontaneously but businesses can influence this through appropriate strategies.This is a simple but yet effective way to promote your startup business at a very cheap cost. It may cost little to nothing. This system involves getting people to talk about your business. the only disadvantage is that it is self limiting in the number of people you reach because you only share the news with people you know. And there is no guarantee that the people your offer reach are your target audience. The internet makes it easier to share and reach more people. To do this, all you need to do is prepare a flier with all products and services which you offer and share with your friends on all your social media accounts and tell them to share with their own friends. The more they share, the more people you reach. To learn more about referral marketing, Click here.
- Email Marketing; This is marketing done by sending commercial emails to a group of people. These emails can be sent in many forms like Time sensitive promotions,Sales follow ups, Cart abandonment reminders and review request. with the advancement in technology, email marketing has been made very simple through the use of automatic emails and auto-responders which help you send a bunch of emails at different times to a large audience. Having a good email advertising campaign strategy for your startup business very important to reach more people fast.
3. Business Listings Websites; These are website which can help you reach more people especially your target audience. The good thing about such websites is that most of them are free. Some of the best and most influential business listing sites are search engines. Listing your startup business on a search engine drives more free traffic to your website as people will be constantly searching for products or services which you offer. The following are a list of some of then best business listing sites; Google,Bing,Citysearch, Merchant circle, Angie’s list, Thumbtack, Foursquare, Manta, Yelp and Yp.
4. Social media Marketing; This is the use of social media platforms to promote a product or service. Progress of your advertisement on social media can be tracked through various analytic methods developed specifically for that social media. The most popular and effective social media which can connect your business to your potential audience include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google +, Pinterest e.t.c.
5. Search Engine Advertising; Running an advertisement on search engines is another effective way to promote your startup business. your ad will be placed in front of real people looking for products and services similar to what you offer. Hence driving traffic to your website which can lead to more sales and growth of your business. Google, Bing, yahoo are some of the best search engines to run your advertisement with real results.
If you implement the above marketing strategies to your startup business, you will be running on profit in less than no time. If you think we left out some points please comment it down below in the comment section.